Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ex5.5 Upgrade to 2003 with Sep Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iota

MIS
Sep 12, 2001
US
I inherited a NT4 Domain-based network (no AD) with a mixutre of Windows 2000 Servers and a couple NT 4 boxes with Exchange 5.5 on Win2k.

I now have enough resources (Servers & $$ for software) to scrap and upgrade the network. I'm going to setup an isolated network all Win2003 based with AD and Exchange 2003.

I plan on using exmerge (according to google and technet i can) to export User mailboxes from 5.5 to .pst files using the two step processes. I do, however, plan on placing the exported file into a new mailbox name on the target server. i.e. If the Mailbox was JoeS for Joe Schmo, I want to import it into Exchange 2003 under the mailbox jschmo rather than JoeS. This is what I'm having difficulty confirming.

I'm trying to standardize logins with stardard conventions--hence the mailbox rename. I'll obviously have the jschmo account already created in AD and Exchange 2003.

*note: Remeber, isolated networks, i.e. different domains and no trusts.

Anyone know if what I'm trying to do with Exmerge is possible or if I'm going to have to jump through hoops.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back