Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ex2003 Site Connector won't delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2004
GB
Last night, my colleague created a site connector between an Exchange 5.5 server (derek) and our Exchange 2003 server (linda).

The 2 servers are on different sites but in the same organisation.

The connector was created from the Exchange 5.5 server.

The problem is that we did not have 2-way trusts set up between the 2 domains. So the connector was created but with errors. Once he realised this, he then deleted the connector. (it wasn't really required anyway... he was attempting a workaround).

We are now left with no connector showing on the 5.5 server. But a greyed-out connector on the 2003 server that we cannot alter or delete from ESM in 2k3. Moreover we have a queue of email sat in this connector.

1. How do I clear the queued email without losing it?

2. How do I delete the connector which was created in error?

Connector details (I have changed the names to protect the innocent):
Site Connector
Routing Group Connector
Remote Bridgehead = derek (the 5.5 server)
Content Restrictions = default
Delivery Restrictions = default
Delivery Options = default

TIA

Lido
IT Engineer
UK

If you're running in Exchange Mixed mode you should have an SRS instance setup on one of your Exch2000/2003 servers. Connect to that server through the 5.5 Admin and see if the connector is still floating around in the SRS.

You can also check under the "Services" node in AD Sites & Services. I wouldn't manually delete from here unless its a last resort. The issue sounds more like an SRS replication problem.

PSC

Well we couldn't see anything in the SRS. However we have a 5.5 server on the same site as the 2003 server.

We were able to go into the site on the 5.5 server and delete the connector from there.

Thanks

Lido
IT Engineer
UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back