Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ex husband and Apple ID lol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyZTanya

Technical User
Sep 4, 2021
US
My dear gurus!
I am glad I found you because I am having this CRAZY stupid issue…
Me and my ex still sharing AppleID and I can’t get password from him because he is keeping it from me in spite for divorce. (Yep…funny right?)

We had never used our phones for nothing but calling and texting. And nobody knew that notes and pictures will be affect the d if we will change AppleID right?

I don’t want to be annoying so to make a long story shorter - is there way I can get rid of HIS name for AppleID without losing my notes. My pictures are saved in Google Photos.

I spent months and hours with Apple on the phone and they keep on telling me my notes will be lost and pictures as well.
Last fella told me to just delete AppleID and create my own but DUH! - to delete I need PASSWORD!

I want to be divorced from him on my phone as well.
Help please!

If the apple id is in his name there's not much you can do.

Do you have access to the backup trusted phone number or email on the account?

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

I don’t have an access because he denies me any.
So what is my solution? Am a trapped without any way to get my phone life back?
It doesn’t seem smart not fair.
I want MY Apple ID and get rid of his.
I can’t believe it what - forever? And I can’t update apps because I don’t have a password!
🤦‍♀️

The credit card used to pay for the account defines who owns the account...and who may have access to reset a password.

Regardless of what happens next, your first step should be backing up as much data as you can to personal hard drives...not to the cloud that might be shared/accessible by an ex-spouse.

We actually paid with debit card attached to the mutual bank account. Then he was removed from the account and I am still having it but debit card had been compromised so I have another number on the card still attached to the same bank account.
All pictures are in Google photo so is that ok?
I need to preserve Notes only.
Whom do I need to go to - phone company or Apple?
Like I said in past none of them gave me any help.
But it is just wrong! In the world of this technology…such a nuisance?
Thanks

P.S. I don’t really care if he can access anything of mine. I just can’t update any apps and they must be updated to work. Gmail JUST gave me this problem! I NEED MY EMAIL! 🤦‍♀️
I am going to school and communicating trough email…

Guys! I found an answer to my own question!

So I finally called Apple AGAIN and after ONE WHOLE YEAR - I found ONE MAN! Apparently Apple has JUST ONE MAN who knows what to do.

I need proof of purchase of the phone and they will REMOVE Apple ID from my phone and replace with MINE!
Hallelujah!!!🙏🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back