Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

evince opening document to last page

Status
Not open for further replies.

scb1776

Programmer
Dec 29, 2006
US
Hi All,

I am working on SunOS 5.11 11.0 sun4u sparc.

I am trying to open a postscript file with evince. evince --version says 2.30.3. When I open a multipage document using the command line:
gvv <file>
it is opening on the last page of the document. I can page up to the first page and it all looks fine. If I page to the first page, close the document, and then re-open it I am back on the last page again.

I tried using the command line option "--page-label=1", but that didn't work as my file still opened to the last page (page 4). Oddly, --page-label=2 does allow me to open to the 2nd page.

There must be something wrong in my environment or with my file; or my version of evince had a bug that I can't find a reference to - so I am betting on my environment or file. I do not see anything in the file that would tell me to open to the last page, however I have not worked with postscript files much and may not be looking for the right value. I have not been able to find anything online to tell me whether there is an environment setting which could cause this.

The gvv command works properly on the same file in Solaris 10, however in Solaris 11 gvv has been changed to point to evince so it is a different viewer.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated. In case it matters, the postscript file was created using the groff command and having a postscript file as the output.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back