Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EVGA Motherboard help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only reservations would be that eVGA are very new into the motherboard market and therefore not tried and tested.
Although I have every confidence in eVGA as a company.

The other issue would be one that I have with all brand new releases, "WE" the buying public often have to suffer several months of agonising problems due to the premature release of products, especially mainboards.
Mainboards often are not fully stable untill 3rd or 4th bios releases have been applied.
And thats why I settled for an Asus P5WDH-Deluxe which has the much more mature Intel 975 chipset installed.

Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

In most cases I would agree with Paparazi on this issue,but Evga hit a home run with this board and virtually every review show this as a stable top performer. This board is exceptional unlike the P5B deluxe I currently have which has terrible audio. When you buy from Newegg read the reviews first. You can always go to Evga's website for a list of approved memory. Aside from OCZs PC6400 (pre rev2) anything should work.

I believe they hit a home run also.I'm debating between the Conroe e6600 or e6400 4 mg sharing cache verse 2? And simply overclocking it some and by the looks of this board it may well be worth the extra $.

I am wrestling with weather 1 gig is enough or 2 ? Possible I may go to Vista soon. Or if it will have an impact ?

And should one wait for quad cores in non-editing mulitask but predominate game and entertainment machine ?

Strange thing reviews! they almost always say a board is stable, infact I can't remember the last time I saw a review that said a board was unstable!
My point is in "the real world" and I build for a living, things are quiet different.
I hope you prove me wrong.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

I am also not an early adopter, after getting burned too many times with the curse of the first-born. But there are exceptions to everything. My comment would be why is there no eSATA port on the back panel? This is the storage tech that all power users will be wanting, in my next mainboard it's a must-have.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back