Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Everytime I start XP Professional It finds a new printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloDude

Technical User
May 13, 2002
NZ
Can somebody help me with my problem

* Every time I start Windows XP Professional the new hardware wizard comes on and says i have a new printer, even when my printer is already installed and running fine. It also does it even when i unplug my printer. Whats Up?

try going into windows using safe mode, this can be done by pressing F8 before windows starts,

after that go into device manager and delete the ltp1 port as well as install the printer in the printer folder,

But you can better go to hardware and turn auto find off
i had the same problem with a netwerk car dbut it is fixt now [upsidedown]

I tried alph4eva's idea but that didnt solve the problem. So i want to try yours MODNL but i dont no were that setting is can you give some detail?

oki, i think i know how to do MODNL's idea. When it asked to install the driver for that printer. Don't choose the correct one, lead the way so that windows will not find the driver, then at almost the end of the wizard, there will be a checkbox saying that don't prompt to install this next time, that would do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back