Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EveryTime I open the ColdFusion Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsterS

Programmer
Apr 24, 2001
US
EveryTime I open the ColdFusion Administrator I get a message asking me if I wnat to save the index.cfm and I say yes and it gets saved, but the administrator never comes up. Obviously something is wrong but I have no idea where to start looking for the problem.

Also is there anyway can I see the contents of a cfm file. It appears some are text and others are binary.

Thanks
Jim

It sounds to me like you don't have CF running. If you are using Win2k or WinXP have a look at the services that are running and see if the CF services are there and started.

If they are running then my guess would be that your webserver isn't configured to process the cfm extension.

There is a file that you can run in cfusionmx directory called iis_connector.bat that should add the required mappings to IIS (If that is what you are using). Foe help with installation have a look at
Regarding the viewing of cfm files. If you get something like Homesite from MM that is a good package, but you can use Notepad to view the files. Some files will be encrypted (such as the index.cfm from the administrator) but others will be available

Hope this helps!

Tony

Thanks for being so quick to answer. It is a starting point.

JimsterS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back