Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

events

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoofit

Technical User
Nov 20, 2005
US
an expression may not result in the name of a macro.....is the message i get when trying to handle an event. this occurs across the board. is there a default setting that i'm not seeing?

The various event handler properties on a form expect to run a macro or vba code. If you select [Event Procedure] from the list and then click the three dots to the right (the build button) it will take you to the code for that event with the procedure declared. I think the prevailing wisdom is to use VBA because it means you do not have to worry about a bunch of supporting macros if you import the form into another file. On the other hand, Web apps, an all but dead supported technology does not support VBA.

It seems like you are trying to have an expression on the event property and expect it to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back