Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

events and actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

emac11

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2005
US
How can we find all the logs or a list of all the events that might be posted on tape view by netbackup?
How can we collect this information or capture these events?

Tape view? Not sure which you mean by that but on UNIX all logs can be found at /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/... Do you want to supply some more information about what it is you exactly want and what sort of enviroment you have?

This would be on a mainframe system - some versions of unix I assume: "Tapeview" is the dialog posted on the monitors regarding tape mounts, tape errors on mounts and status on pending jobs and such. For large backup cartridge systems. Is this done with JCL or the OS? I need to collect all the information that might ever be posted overhead.

Sorry but I'm running UNIX f15k's with STK powderhorn libraries and we don't have this. All tape moveents are managed by ACSLS. This runs on a standalone unix box with a stripped down version of solaris.

start ltid with a -v option and the mount requests will get recorded in the syslog

Bob Stump
Just because the Veritas documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact

This is a good start THANKS, do you know where I can get a list of everything that could ever possible be written to that log/s? All errors all / codes lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back