Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EventIDs 1030 and 1058 appeared and disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2002
US
I have a new Windows 2003 Standard R2 SP2 domain controller that has been running with no issues since July of this year. It is also running WINS, DNS (AD-Integrated), DHCP, and TS Licensing. I was updating HW drivers and the last thing I did was load new RAID firmware and reboot. After rebooting I received UserEnv EventIDs 1030 and 1058 every 5 minutes in the event log.

I have gone through all the MS articles, I have no trouble accessing any shares or AD apps from this server, all other servers can see this server. Netdiag shows no errors. GPs are applying. This is a multihomed server with one nic disabled so I changed the binding order to put the active nic first, rebooted and these errors so far have disappeared.

My questions is - what happened. The errors seem to have come out of no where and then disappeared. They did not effect any functionality that I can tell. After looking through the logs I have found a handful of similiar instances where these errors popped up, none of the KB articles helped, and then they went away (example thread931-1276131). My concern is they may come back...Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back