Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EVENT VIEWER , EVENT ID 4319 FOR WINDOWS 2000 SERVER ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanaka

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
LK
Hi,
my pc installed windows 2000 advance server. after installed software i chicked the event viewer, they have error message NetBT i tryied to do this but i can't this message is allways have the event viewr. anyboday know how to do this pls.tell to me.

after i chicked for nbtstat -n this command. my machine name is Chanaka_P_450. my user name is namal.
after i chicked that command they showed to me like this machines,

namal type stats

--------------------------------------------
CHANAKA_P_450 <00> UNIQUE Registered
ELSUMA <00> GROUP Registered
CHANAKA_P_450 <20> UNIQUE Registered
CHANAKA_P_450 <03> UNIQUE Registered
ELSUMA <1E> GROUP Registered
CHANAKA_P_450$ <03> UNIQUE Registered
INet~Services <1C> GROUP Registered
IS~CHANAKA_P_45<30> UNIQUE Registered
NAMAL <03> UNIQUE Registered

please tell to me how can i clear it.

thanks

The solution is:

A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network. The IP address of the machine that sent the message is in the data. Use nbtstat -n in a command window to check which name is in the conflict state.

The Cause: Multiple network adapters were installed, with Client for Microsoft Networks and Microsoft File and Printer Sharing enabled for each. Each adapter was broadcasting the NetBIOS name of the machine across the network, causing a conflict.

The Fix: Disable Client for Microsoft Networks and Microsoft File and Printer Sharing for one of the adapters. This will prevent the duplicate broadcasting of the same network name over the network.

In my company I installed windows 2000 Professional... I have a problem... We have windows NT 4 Domain server that server is our file server. Server name is chipp some drives are shared this H drive share name is SERVER_1 I map that drive to all of client.
(Its call H:\...

Most of time if I open explore and expand the my computer, and click the H drive it gives error message call
AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE RECONNECTING H: TO \\CHIPP\SERVER_1
MICROSOFT WINDOWS NETWORK: THE LOCAL DEVICE NAME IS ALREADY IN USE. THIS CONNECTION HAS NOT BEEN RESTORED

I want reconnect to H: drive I have to click more that 6 times.. Then it works...

Our network is fiber backbone (100mp data transfer speed) and I installed windows 2000 service pack 4 also , still have that problem.. Pls give me an answer to this question.

I’m chanaka from Sri Lanka

Now you have a different problem. Here is the new solution. You are logging into the server using a roaming profile. The share is mapped from that server using a login script. So what is happening is you are trying to map a share that is already mapped. This is what generates your error. This is not a problem and can be ignored when logging into the server.

If this issue is occuring when you logon to any machine on the network here is the solution:
This issue can occur if the drive letter that is being mapped by the net use command is already mapped in the user's properties.

To resolve this issue, change the drive letter mapping in the logon script or in the home drive to correct the overlap of drive letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back