Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Viewer-Dcom error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFizzbin

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
CA
MY system:
WinXP Pro with SP1
AMD Athlon 1400 with 768 MB pc133 sdram
---------
I have been getting an error msg. (listed below) in the Event Viewer/System module. It seems to be occuring at start-up only. I've run accross a few posts here and elsewhere pointing to the ILS service, but this has been disable a long time ago. Also some indication that it is a result of the Mblast worm exploit, but this to is not an issue on my system (worm not present, and patch has been applied to seal this potential threat). I have played around with a few apps the kick-in at start-up, but have had no success. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
---------------------
ERROR MSG
---------------------

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at ----------------------

MrFizzBin,

Any luck finding a solution to this problem? I'm seeing the same thing on a Win XP Pro workstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back