Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstieg

Technical User
Nov 5, 2010
US
Sorry, new to this, I have a report that I need to schedule to run monthly AFTER a specific table is updated, is there a way to do this through events??? The table is only updated once a month but with no consistency, could be the 1st, 5th, 14th etc... My thought was to create an event that if table.receiveddate in currentmonth, then the schedule could run however, I have never done this before and don't know how to create and event or event based schedule. Can anyone point me in the right direction???

BusinessObjectss doesn't do events based on something happening in the database. However, it does do events based on files appearing in specific places. So, you could have the process that updates the table create an empty file with a specific name (same name every time!) in a specific folder and then create an event that looks for that file. The challenge is that events look specifically for the presence of a file, not that a file has changed. So, you would have to have some process for deleting the file after the report has run - possibly a .bat file that can be run by the Windows Scheduler to delete the file, if it exists, every night a midnight (or at some time when it will have been in the folder for at least several minutes so that BOE "sees" it before it is deleted.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back