Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Notifcations Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

axlaxl

MIS
Jun 27, 2003
US
I am running SIM with the following configuration:

Operating system: Windows 2003
Version: Systems Insight Manager 5.0 with SP2 - Windows
Build version: C.05.00.00.02
Build date: 2005-10-19 21:05

The problem I am having is that I cannot get it to notify me via email when the status of a server it is monitoring changes from a hardware failure (ie failed HDD, dead power supply, etc). I am getting notifications for sign in's and sign out's to SIM and notifcations when a system is unreachable (during a reboot) and then again when it is reachable. But if I lose a HDD in a RAID 5 array I do not get a notification or if a NIC cable is pulled I wont get a notification. I have played with all the settings I can think of with no luck. I have rebuilt the notification jobs and selected an email alert for ALL SYSTEMS for ALL EVENTS. Still nothing. I know it is probably something simple but at this point I have done every thing I can think of short of a complete reinstall. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Michael

Are you getting SNMP traps coming into SIM from the hosts, have you set up the SNMP trap destinations and security on each host?

If you are only getting loss of connection this is only a SIM poll (ping), it is not collecting/recieving information from the hosts management agents.

Ditto on the last post. You need to set up SNMP Security & Destinations by right clicking on the SNMP Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back