Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EVENT MANAGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techtnologies

Vendor
Aug 10, 2006
US
Does anyone know if I can automate the creation of a SFC order after the sales order is entered using Event Manager on Progression 7.6.400?

We are currently evaluating Event Manager.

Best Regards,

Chad

Chad
Techtnologies LLC

You don't need Event Manager to do this. This is an already built in function of Macola. Change the forced demand flag to p=pull and create a backorder (qty to ship less than qty ordered) and the SFC order gets created automatically.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

I would second dgillz recommendation.
The event manager doesn't interact with the business logic of macola, only with requests in esynergy. To use the event manager to do what you mention would be a lot of programing. For the most part the business logic of macola is executed exclusively within the screens, and you would have to duplicate that business login. If that is what you really want to do, then you may be interested in a product by WiSyS (no experience with it) but have seen at various trade shows.
Only other features that interact with Shop floor, that I have experience with are (Quoting and Estimating or MRP)

Q&E can create customer order, shop order, item, bom, routing - more details see following link.

or you can drive creation of Shop Orders from MRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back