Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Manager Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

canimp

Instructor
Jul 26, 2003
Has anyone yet implemented Event Manager triggers in relation to workflow creation?

Scenario:
Production of new item as project using WIP. Need triggers that will kick-off advisory work flows at 25, 50 & 75% completetion on related shop floor control tasks,

note: wf triggers straight forward, issue is lack of familiarity with shop floor control functions.

Canimp,

Are you looking for notifications with the completion of the entire order or at stages in the production process?

One way that you could do it is look at the Routing attached to the Shop Order (if you are using them). The Standard Product Routing is attached to the material records on Shop Orders and that data is written into the SFDTLFIL_SQL (or whatever database type you are running) table. By looking at the quantities completed on each process you can determine completion percentages.

If you don't use routings another option would be to run your trigger off of the qty_complete / ord_qty in the SFORDFIL_SQL table. That will show you how much of the entire order has been completed but may nor provide you with the phased information that you appear to be looking for.

If you could provide some additional information it would help to better answer your question. It also sounds like you are using ES ? I am still utilizing PWE 7.6.1A so some of my suggestions may not be workable depending on what changes have taken place.

Thanks

When you say "project" do you mean the projects functionality in Macola ES?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Hi,

Yes, I am referring to projects in ES/Syn environment. Based on the RFI, this is how I have mapped it out thus far. If flawed, please poke holes in it.

Lacking substantial knowledge in ES Shop Floor Distribution, (not my forte), the RFI had this parameters:

Parent record (project, I am thinking)... a PO for manufacturing order. WF for project would include
- confirmation order
- credit app
- approval credit app
- order reciept for manufacturing
- start of production
*- production status verification at 25%
*- production status verification at 50%
*- production status verification at 75%
- contact 3rd party QC for schedule
- QC testing/pass
- shipping instructions
etc...

"*" denotes the processes I am unsure of - the rest are easily triggered based on current process knowledge. Bist. knowledge helpful on the "*" pieces of the flow.

Thanks - any input appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back