Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Manager-Order Ack email

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDRaider

MIS
Nov 5, 2009
US
I am using Event Manager (KnowledgeSync) with Progression SQL to email customers an order acknowledgement. The event currently runs once per order. We would like this to re-trigger if the order changes, or if some items are backordered then re-trigger when the BO is filled.
Any ideas on how to track these changes? Need multiple events? I thought about using oeordhdr_sql.shipping_dt. Shipping_dt = 0 when the order is initially entered - this can be the first ack email. Use change to shipping_dt to inform that the order has shipped? Maybe track changes to a few keys fields such as number of line items, qty ordered, price ?

Anyone already do an event like this?
Thanks.

I have already done this event. You'll need to make sure you turn on audit trails in OE setup if you don't have it on already. Then link the oeordhdr and oeordin to the oehdraud and oelinaud. In the audit trail files you'll want to look at the A (add) and C (change) records, and look at the audit date (not sure of the exact field name but you get the picture). With the right SQL, you will pull the new and changed orders into a simple crystal report. Then just schedule the report.

To inform the customer that the order has shipped I would use the status record of the oeordhdr, but I'll need to know if you are using confirm ship or confirm pick to know exactly how to do this.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back