Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Logs False Log in....I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt6350a

Programmer
Feb 10, 2003
US
Here is the problem:

I just added a 2000 workstation to my NT testbed/network. I looked at the security event log and noticed that my user name was recorded as logging into one of the computers at an ungodly hour in the morning. I never logged into the computer, in fact I was already logged into it and I just had the simulation running and the screen locked. Basically, I would like to know if you can help me figure out how I could be shown as logging into my computer when I was already logged into it. I know that no one broke into our facility and logged me in. By the way, over the weekend I let a simulation run on that computer and I think that because it was running (it takes up all my processing power) somehow I think it recorded me as logging in. Does that sound possible?

As an aside: I called my alarm company and they said the alarm/motion detector etc never tripped. (By the way, I know no one broke in because our facility is EXTREMLY secure - it's a government building and if an alarm was tripped I would know. Also, there is NO access to our lab over the weekend, so I know no one was on the computer because it is beyond impossible to get in to our lab.)

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back