Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Log Forwarding Event ID 111

Status
Not open for further replies.

sldaz

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2011
US
Hi all. If anyone is experienced in Event Log Forwarding, and knows what my problem is, I'd appreciate some input. I had already posted on Technet....see:

but got just one lame response out of over 250 "views" to my post. I know they're not obligated, but apparently MS doesn't encourage their staff to help on forums much.

The meaty details of my problem are on that URL, but the basic error I'm getting is "The description for Event ID 111 from source Microsoft-Windows-EventForwarder cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event." Just a few defined events do get through, but the majority of events forwarded (from SEVERAL servers) are that error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back