Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID Error 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechP74

Technical User
Aug 10, 2007
I have been getting this error for about a week now. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Kerberos
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4
Date: 8/21/2007
Time: 10:25:14 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Description:
The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server MAINTENCE3310$. The target name used was cifs/MELISSAXP.companyname.local. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine accounts in the target realm (COMPANYNAME.LOCAL), and the client realm. Please contact your system administrator.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Well, I would first verify that you don't have any machines with the same name. If you do not have duplicates, then install the resource kit tools and use KERBTRAY to delete the kerberos certificates. They will be automatically recreated.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back