Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID:9646 Mapi session exceeded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadstone

Technical User
Apr 24, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I've come across this problem once before with a different user, and I am aware that there has been much written on the subject. The user in question has been running a new machine (Windows 7 - Outlook 2007) for six months with out any problems. That said as of last Thursday, he has been getting booted from the Exchange server fairly frequently. The following error is logged in the server event logs:

Mapi session "/o=TEST/ou=LIVE/cn=Recipients/cn=USER" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session".

We’re running Exchange Server 2003 Standard and have a Blackberry server. I seem to think that the BES maintains connection to the mailbox when this error occurs on the workstation.

Whilst I have found a fair amount of information on the subject , and several recommendations (such as running exmon to identify the offending client, running the Outlook client in cached mode, disabling TCP chimney), I have been unable to find a easy way of identifying what applications on the client machine might be establishing MAPI calls. I have my suspicions that the issue we are seeing is specific to this workstation and being caused by a particular application. I have not had this problem on other machines. I have gone as far as disabling all Outlook plugins – and am waiting to see if this has resolved the issue.

All this said, does any know of an easy way to identify which process on a system might be establishing MAPI calls. Any feedback would be most helpful.

Regards,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back