Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 9301

Status
Not open for further replies.

patelbg2003

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2003
GB
My exchange server seems to work really well across all sites, only problem is that it seems to refuse a connection from an exchange server which I cannot find, constantly producing the following two error msg

Event ID 9301

The message transfer gateway that uses the network address C73301DE and the transport stack /o= xx /ou= xx /cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=ISI03/cn=TCP (ISI03) could not be found. Check the configuration of the mail gateway. [BASE IL TCP/IP DRVR 8 256] (10)

Event ID 9202

A sockets error 0 on an accept() call was detected. The MTA will attempt to recover the sockets connection. Control block index: 1. [BASE IL TCP/IP DRVR 8 256] (12)

I've take the hex address and broken the address down into TCP IP (I hope my maths is still up to scratch!!) it looks like network address C73301DE = 195.51.1.223. I cannot ping or trace this address. I was wondering if you could assist in finding out why my MTA seems to receive this msg or give me some pointers to track down where my exchange server is picking up this address from ..??

Regards

Bhavesh Patel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back