Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Id 8003

Status
Not open for further replies.

njaluka

Programmer
Sep 21, 2000
CN
hi

i am using two NT server with service Pack 6a with two different
domains ("KGKGROUP" AND "DOMAIN").

I am using Windows -98 in all the workstation. One of my work station
is not getting connected with server(both) .

Every time when i start the that machine i can see one error message
in the event viewer of server.

"The master browser has received a server announcement from the
computer COMMON that believes that it is the master browser for
the domain on transport NetBT_CpqNF31. The master browser is
stopping or an election is being forced."

my registry setting of both server are as below.
"KGKGROUP" : IsDomainMaster = 'true' and MaintainServerList = "yes"
"DOMAIN" : IsDomainMaster = 'false' and MaintainServerList = "no"

even in the workstation machine also i have added one line
maintainserverlist = no

I have browsed all the previous fourms and tried all the setting like (TCP/IP,SubNetMask.....),but could not solve.

please help me to solve this problem.

thanks

Nirmal

Event ID 8003 in the sys log of your server will never stop your user from logging into the domain. When a client starts up it broadcasts its name on the network, often resulting in browser election on the transport protocols the client machine is using. The master browser collects and maintains the master list of available computers. NT server, wks, Win95/98 and WFW machines can act as a master browser. You can disable the ability of a system to become a master browser by changing the value of MaintainServerList from AUTO to NO in the registry. Which I think you've already done.

Event 8003 is a benign error which can be ignored if you aren't managing a large routed network. Just for a moment keep the Event ID 8003 out of your system and focus on other connectivity problems.

Which error message do you get at the client machine? If you are using only TCP/IP, try using NetBEUI on client and server both. And if you can, remove the NIC driver from the client and reinstall it, may be the driver is corrupt.

Mubashir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back