Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID:7000 - Service Control Manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkitorture

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2004
US
The DS1410D service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

I keep getting this error. Anyone have an idea of what service is using this?

Thanks, M

Have you found the problem with this error? I get the same error message with the DS1410D. I'm running Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It was a while back, but I think it had to do with my backup tape drivers. I installed a newer DLT drive and took my old DAT off line, but I didn't tell NT that and I think it was looking for this device and failing.

It's been a while, but that is what comes to mind on this issue.

Thanks,

I have a tape drive and CAD software both on this system. I will let you know what fixes it later.

Gee fellas, me too!

I get the same error once a day in the SYstem Event messages and it says the source is the Service Control Manager.

But I do not have any tape drives, but Jaz, Zip and even a digital camera FLASH drive...none of which are used very much.

Anyone know how to help with this?

Jim

Just a hint:

You may have to note down the exact name of the specific service and than make a search in the registry for this name. You will find a huge of entries, just take a closer look to entries that have "ImagePath" in data row (also know as name). Verify that the file and the path exists on your computer.

regards, mike

Apparently FlexLM may use two mechanisims to lock a software: the Ethernet address, as
all AutoCAD network users know, or a dongle. If a software publisher chooses
to go with the dongle, then the infamous DS1410D service, implemented in
DS1410D.sys, is needed. For obscure reaseon, the FlexLM installed by
AutoCAD, although it does not need this service, wishes to start it.

Original thread:

Hello,

Our access control system uses a dallas semiconductor button as a software key. The DS1410D service is used for the parallel port adapter while the DS2490 service is used for USB adapter. My server does not have a parallel port so the failed to find specified device is what you get (or specified file if you delete the ds1410d.sys file). The DS2490 service starts and our system works just fine. The driver is installed as part of the 1-wire driver package from maxim-ic. From an installation whitepaper I found the registry entries that are made. Unfortunately this did me no good. there is a "start":dword00000002 which I changed to 0 and 1 to no avail. A quick note to maxim-ic.com tech support got this response from the application engineer.

1) Delete the following files:
DS1410D.SYS
IB10E32.DLL
This will disable any parallel port operation.
2) Remove the following registry key:
Remove the DS1410D key under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
This will disable the operating system trying to load the DS1410D.SYS driver at bootup. (edit the registry at your own risk!)
3) Reboot (for the current driver and service to be unloaded from memory).

this seems to work. I was unable to delete IB10E21.dll but I could change the extention...odd? So I changed it to a .ddl and did everything else and rebooted. Then I was able to delete the file. No more popup! This was on a 2003 server, but from the whitepaper I found the entries are the same for NT 2000, XP.

Hope this helps!

Clawless1

Just changing the start key for service DS1410D from 2 to 4 in the registry solved the problem.

Check earlier post from BlackBarron, back in January 05. It worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back