Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 7 - Bad Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyL

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2000
US
My NT 4.0,sp6a server had an Event ID #7.&nbsp;&nbsp;Message: &quot;The device. \Device\Harddisk1\Partition2, has a bad block.&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;Am I on my way to a HD crash?&nbsp;&nbsp;Will running DiskKeeper fix this?<br>Any suggestions as to what actions I should take would be greatly appreciated.

I would backup and replace the drive ASAP. Luckily you have been warned before the impending crash. <p>Al<br><a href=mailto: atc-computing@home.com> atc-computing@home.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I got the same error except it was complaining &quot;The device. \Device\Harddisk3\Partition1, has a bad block.&quot; Is it mean the 4th disk is having problem in the machine?

I have this same problem. My boss insists I should be able to partition around this, but I don't know how to figure where the bad block is and how to block the block. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Juli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back