Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID: 5783 on W2K Application Member Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melek6666

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
I keep getting Event ID: 5783 on Application Server that is a member of a Domain. Below is Technet's explanation:

Clients Cannot Join a Domain with Norton Internet Security 2002.

SYMTOMS:

It's a long one but on the botton line is: You typically receive error messages on the client when the domain controller tries to initiate a communication BECAUSE THE CLIENT IS BLOCKING INBOUND COMMUNICATION. When this issue occurs, you may experience any of the following symptoms:

Bunch of EVENT ID's: EVENT ID: 1000, EVENT ID: 54, EVENT ID: 3034, EVENT ID: 11, and (below is the Event ID that I am getting):

EVENT ID: 5783
Source: NETLOGON
Description: The session setup to the Windowss NT or Windows 2000 domain controller DCName.domain_name.com for the Domain is not responsive. The current RPC call from Netlogon on Workstation to DCName has been cancelled.

CAUSE: These issues may occur if the Norton Antivirus Auto-Protect service is running.

WORKAROUND: Disable the Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect service in the Services snap-in.

HOWEVER, MY PROBLEM IS: I DON'T HAVE ANY ANTIVIRUS RUNNING ON EITHER THE DOMAIN CONTROLLER OR ON THE W2K SERVER, don't know why I keep getting this message, can someone PLEASE HELP ME??

THANKS - Melek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back