Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID:5719 - no domain controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoja

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
This morning 3 of my users were unable to connect to the network (XP Pro). The event viewer on the servers was logging the following event.

No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is available for domain <domain name>. The following error occurred: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Data:
0000: c00005e

Other users were able to login while the 3 could not. Eventually the problem users were also able to sign on.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it if it happens again?
Servers are Windows 2000.

I had this happen at a customers site it was because the guy who originally set the system up had done so with a diffrent ip subnet than what was currently being used.

and when I looked at the reverse dns zone, it was for the old subnet. I deleted the zone and redid with the corret ip subnet and all was good which was weird because the anonmality of this was only affecting 2 new dells out of the box and not the other xp pc's...

Jeff

I also had this happen, but in my case, it was a nic on the server starting to go bad. Sometimes people could log on, then they couldn't. I realized people were authenticating to the domain, when the new dc was down. They were authenticating through the old dc, which was still up for redundancy. See if the server is sending out bad packets. I used this method to verify the problem and once I replaced the nic, all was well with the world. Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin feel free to join the Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.
[red]Don't forget to shop @ theTek-Tips Store for Christmas![/red]
TTinChicago

I've had this happening since I switched over to a gigabit network. I'm using Dell 5324 switches, and 3Com Gigabit NIC's and I get random login problems. The lines all test out good using the tester built into the switch, so I'm still searching for answers

hi I have same probs, have narrowed it down to a MAC with an airport acting as DHCP and re configuring my switches IP address. Now all I have to do is fix the IPs on all my switches!!!!

Some lead, some follow....I just Hope! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back