Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 50 Remote Desktop shows black screen then times out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdbuddy

MIS
Apr 1, 2004
US
For some reason when i try to connect to a XP Pro box across one of our VPN tunnels to a remote office, I get a black screen, then after a minute or two I get an error. The error is," The connection to the remote computer was broken. This may have been caused by a network error. Please try connecting to the remote compter again". I try connecting from XP box to a W2k server here and get the same thing. The odd thing is we have two tunnels to 2 sites. Those sites are connected by a tunnel. I can connect to Remote Site B's W2k servers fine. ALso I can connect from the XP Pro box to a server in the other remote site. I can't find any or much info on this problem. The vpn tunnels are between a PIX here and a Linksys RV082 at Site A and RV042 at SiteB. Site B is where my problems are. I can connect to the XP box by using the public ip of the router/firewall and have 3389 forwarding to the inside ip of the XP Pro box. The only events that I have to go on, that are error are.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: TermDD
Event Category: None
Event IDUser: N/A
Computer: XP-Pro1
Description:
The RDP protocol component X.224 detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client.

Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1068
Date: 9/10/2004
Time: 1:26:53 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Windows ended GPO processing because the computer shut down or the user logged off.

Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1082
Date: 9/10/2004
Time: 1:26:53 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Windows cannot set the background refresh timer for Group Policy. WaitForMultipleObjects (The handle is invalid. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Stop the Nvidia Helper service on the remote computer.

Is that the same as the Nvidia Display Driver Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back