Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

racy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
BR
Hi !

I saw in the system event log:

Event ID 36
Source: W3SVC
Description:The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'No such interface supported'

This machine is a domain controller(Windows 2k) and it has MS Exchange 2000.

It doesn't seem to be afftecting anything, but my heart doesn't like suprises ;)

I didn't see anything in the IIS logs.

Did someone face this error ?

Best Regards

Racy

Found this on EventID.net

----------
Ionut Marin (Last update 6/22/2005):
- Error: "No such interface supported" - This behavior may occur because, during the installation of Crystal Reports 8, permissions for the registry subkeys and their lower-level subkeys are modified. See M286814 to find out how you can fix this problem.
- Error: "The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect" - See M298119 and the link to "McAfee Support Solution ID: nai20726".

This issue may also occur if the permissions are not correctly configured for the IWAM_ComputerName account or the IUSR_ComputerName account. See M822699 for more details.

As per Microsoft: "The corresponding Web application does not have a name specified or does not have the Script permission enabled". See M200514 for more details.

If this problem appears when you attempt to access the user interface (UI) for Symantec AntiVirus/Filtering 3.0 for Microsoft Exchange (AV/F for Exchange) or Symantec Mail Security 4.0 for Microsoft Exchange (SMS for Exchange), then see “Symantec Support Document ID:2002030113174254” for details on this issue.
-----------

Here's the link
Hope that helps you out a bit.

Thank You Tyras,

It makes sense .... !!!!!!!
In this server We have also Crystal Reports and recently We changed the administrator password account.

Maybe after a reset Crystal Reports will stop working.

On Next 2 weeks this server will be reseted and now I know what I have to look for !

Best Regards

Racy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back