Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 3013 - WSS - Gatherer repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenhalo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2008
US
Hello all,

I am having a problem trying to clear up Event Viewer on this server (Windows Server 2003 Standard). What's weird is all fo the events seem to pertain to a particular temp directory created by Trend Micro, although not always. Here is the event...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows Search Service
Event Category: Gatherer
Event ID: 3013
Date: 11/23/2009
Time: 9:00:50 AM
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXX
Description:
The entry <C:\PROGRAM FILES\TREND MICRO\SECURITY SERVER\PCCSRV\WEB\SERVICE\AU_DATA\AU_TEMP\2904_6404\INI_XML.ZIP> in the hash map cannot be updated.
Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog
Details:
A device attached to the system is not functioning. (0x8007001f)

This same error repeats itself 15x or so per day, each regarding a different file. Google isn't much help either. Some clear and concise direction with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Brad L.
Systems Engineer
Prestige Technologies
bradlaszlo[at]prestigetech.com

"Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

Anybody?

Brad L.
Systems Engineer
Prestige Technologies

The only "hits" I saw related to this on eventid.net;

From a newsgroup post: "I never could track this down, but it seems it had something to do with the fact that I had originally installed Office 2007 when WDS 2.6 was still on board. When I restored a disk image from before the Office 2007 install, manually removed WDS 2.6, set up Acrobat, added WDS 3.01, and then installed Office 2007, things worked much better. I have not had any WDS 3.01 crashes while indexing the same disk since".

Yes, I seen that post too and doesn't pertain to me at all... What I don't understand is the "A device attached to the system is not functioning. (0x8007001f)" information under info. What device is it talking about? All of the devices work and my log are clean except for this...

Brad L.
Systems Engineer
Prestige Technologies

This guy seem to have had a similar issue

"The problem is not with a video card.I get the message about Trend Micro internet security.I have contacted them several times,the tech had me do several things and it ended up that Trend Micro would not scan.I had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to scan.the original problem with Trend Micro in my event viewer several times is still there.I guess i will have to try another internet security program."

So the problem isn't really device related. I know it's a Trend Micro specific directory but try excluding it from being scanned to see if the problem re-appears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back