Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 2510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darts

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
CA
I've been getting these Event ID 2510 messages for a couple of weeks (sample below), but haven't got a clue where they are coming from. Nothing unusual otherwise, but I hate getting all these red X's. M$ has a couple of articles about eventID 2510, but they reference other error codes.

This is a Win2K+SP3 box participating as a member server in an NT4 domain (i.e. all DCs are NT4). No new h/w or s/w has been added, nor has there been a config change. A colleague suggested it may be related to the nic (onboard Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet adapter) but wasn't sure why.

Before I start taking shots in the dark, I figured I'd 'Ask The Audience' (sorry...)

Here's the text of one of these events...
-----------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Server
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2510
Date: 10/15/2002
Time: 5:32:08 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER1
Description:
The server service was unable to map error code 1230.
----------------------------
Any ideas?

Darts [morning]

When did you put on SP3? When you put it on did you get any warning messages? Also, have you installed any special Windows 2000 Hotfixes on your server? By Special, I mean something that wasn't available to the general public. It would of been something you called MS to get.

SP3 was installed rather painlessly (no errors/warnings) about three weeks ago. No special MS hotfixes have been applied.
Looking at archived event logs, these error messages pre-date SP3 and actually go back at least a couple of months, but they seem to be getting more frequent. Lately they show up every 16-18 hours whereas before it was once or twice a week. Can't find anything else that corresponds to the timing of these errors. This is a SQLServer 2000 machine - aside from backup and a/v software, nothing else runs on it. H/W is Dell PE4600. Grasping at straws, the server has a remote management card with an onboard PC Card modem (by Psion), but aside from assigning the card an ip address, I haven't done anything with it (no resource conflicts anywhere). I'm completely baffled by this one.

Darts [morning] "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday" -- Dale Carnegie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back