Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 2001,1005

Status
Not open for further replies.

revururaj

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2005
US
Good morning,

I am having strange problems with one of my user. He can login fine, but the problem is when opens outlook, it freezes, when we tried to use OWA, and IE wouldnt open.

But i logged with my login,and also as Admin login, outlook and IE works out. So then i figured that there is something wrong with profile, so i checked the "Events", i came across the following events, can anyone help me please

********EVENT ID 1005**********************
Windows cannot access the file C:/Documents and Settings/dwilson/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/index.dat for one of the following reason:there is problem with the network connection,the disk that the file is stored on,or the storage drives installed on this computer, or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program index.dat because of this error.

*********************EVENT ID 2001*********************
Rejected safe mode action:Microsoft Office Outlook

Sounds like the file or disk is corrupted.

Can you run a scandisk?

Otherwise - delete his profile and let the system recreate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back