Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 1311,1567,1568. The DSA Operation unable due to DNS lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdbuddy

MIS
Apr 1, 2004
US
I have a AD problem all of the sudden.
My PDC has these events, 1311,1567,1568. Also AD Rep Monitor shows a problem with replication to the problem server in our remote office. The remote server is connected through VPN to the corp office. I can ping by FQDN. The remote server is a PDC for our 2nd domain. 2 domains in 1 forest. Each AD dNS server is a secondary to the other. I can seem to figure this one out.

Also whe I do a dcdiag i get *Warning: Remote bridgehead DR\DR2 is not eligible as a bridgehead
due to too many failures. Replication may be disrupted into the
local site HUSA.

A good place to check out information dealing with events like this is They have detailed information on events (listed by id and source) and in most cases, solutions to the problems these events signify. Based on what is listed on that page it sounds like there could be an issue in time synchronization (event 1311) between the 2 DC's, an issue with the transport protocol used (event 1568) for AD repolication or you may have to setup a preferred bridgehead server (event 1567).

HTH,

Doc Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back