Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 11 on Windows 2003 ML350

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmail2

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
IE
We have an M350 G4p at a remote site with a Smart Array 641 and RAID5 configuration. When I looked in event viewer this morning, there were some event ID's 11, source was LSI_SCSI (never seen this before) and they said "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort0". However, when I launch ACU there's nothing there to indicate that anything is defective. I launched the Array Diagnostic Utility and this says there's no problems either.

The server was only isntalled about a month ago and I've gone back through the event logs and this has been there since 1st November (around the time the server was installed). There were also some event ID's 129 on the 2nd but the server doesn't have the DLL's to display the descriptions for those ... however when I googled it I found the following:

However, I have no idea what M$ Storport Driver is (even after looking it up !!). Am I looking in entirely the wrong place here or ... ?

Would really appreciate if somebody could help me out on this.

Irish Poetry - Karen O'Connor
Get your Irish Poetry Published
Garten und Landschaftsbau

HI

The error 11 is certainly a controller error, but if you have not had any issues since the installation then I would ignore the error. The errors may have arisen when setting up the machine. ie Installing Windows.
Going forward ensure you have the latest drive for your machine, you can get this from the HP web site without to much trouble. Plan your driver upgrade and ensure you have a backup and arollback plan incase there is a problem with the new driver.
Continue to monitor the logs.

Regards

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back