Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID: 1008, NAPRFCTR.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLePO

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have a very annoying problem with Netshield 4.5 filling up my application event log with errors, It literally fills up within seconds even if I clear the log. The message is as follows:
The open procedure for for service "NAIMServ2" in DLL "C:\Program files\McAfee\ePO\2.0\naprfctr.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is data DWORD 0.

I also get an error code of: 1008

I have searched the NAI knowledgebase but they have NOTHING relating to this file or this problem, absolutly nothing. I am sure I'm not the only person to ever recive this error so why havn't NAI got any refernce to this whatsoever?!?!?

Any help will be much appreciated!

I had the same problem and what corrected it was this:

Go to microsoft's website and search for exctrlst.exe. after you run this you can open it and disable the performance counter. The .DLL .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back