Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 1008: ActiveSync

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bulldog007

Technical User
Jan 2, 2008
US
Our COO has an iPhone 4S with his only email account being his connection to our Exchange Server. We are running a single Exchange 2007 SP2 on Microsoft Server 2008 SP1. His iPhone which had been working up til Wednesday can no longer receive email on his phone and he gets a message stating the connection to the server failed. He can send messages from his iPhone, however. I have deleted and readded the mailbox from the iPhone, removed the mobile device from the Exchange Mailbox and any combination of each, and the issue persists. I have added his Exchange account to a different iPhone and the issue persists. I have set his AD permissions to Default on his user account as well and the issue persists. Last night we got the first error message with an indication of what was occurring, but have been unable to determine what is wrong. It is posted below:

An exception occurred and was handled by Exchange ActiveSync. This may have been caused by an outdated or corrupted Exchange ActiveSync device partnership. This can occur if a user tries to modify the same item from multiple computers. If this is the case, Exchange ActiveSync will re-create the partnership with the device. Items will be updated at the next synchronization.

URL=/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/default.eas?User="username"&DeviceId=ApplDNPGFA3XDT9V&DeviceType=iPhone&Cmd=Ping
--- Exception start ---
Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.AirSyncPermanentException
Exception message: Exchange ActiveSync failed to write the 'MobileMailboxFlags' attribute to the user object. The object was found to be not valid.Exception level: 0
HttpStatusCode: 503
AirSyncStatusCode: 0
XmlResponse:
This request does not contain a WBXML response.
Exception stack trace: at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.Command.OpenSyncStorage(String deviceType, String deviceID)
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.PingCommand.InternalConsume(Event evt)
--- Exception end ---.

Not sure what this indicates. The object (the AD user account) is working, outlook, OWA all seems to be working fine. It is just the ActiveSync that is not working. Any assistance would be appreciated

Additional test. I added the mailbox account with an Android and was able to receive all current messages and new messages. This appears to be an iPhone ActiveSync only issue.

Closing Thread. Issue was with a corrupted email that came in before the last one received on the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back