Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EVENT ID 10010: SOURCE: DCOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterlogan

Technical User
Feb 6, 2003
US
Event 10010
SOURCE: DCOM

DESCRIPTION: The server {9B9A80E0-A9C0-11D2-B5E1-006008187232}
did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

(This is on a Dell Poweredge 4600 running Windows 2000 Server that is set up as a DNS Server and Domain Controller.)

When searching thru my server's registry the GUID (Global Unique Identifier) references "VxVmCmd Command line Server".

I then ran DCOMCNFG from the command prompt to look at all the applications DCOM was associated with and found "VxVmCmd Command line Server". Highlighted that and clicked on "Properties". It gave me the message "The operation completed successfully". When I hit "Okay", it opened a box "VxVmCmd Command line Server Properties". Under the "Location" tab there are two boxes, both unchecked. I checked the one entitled "Run application on the computer where the data is located". (The other one was "Run application on the following computer:" and it gave you a browse button. Left that one unchecked.).
Exited out and rebooted. Made no difference, still got
Event 10010. Now checking with Dell support.
Any ideas??
Thanks.

Dell support told me that its a timing issue with their Array Manager and the O/S...hopefully resolved in upcoming Version 3.5. In the meantime to get rid of the DCOM error, go to regedit and search the GUID {9B9A80E0-A9C0-11D2-B5E1-006008187232}. It should show up twice in the registry. Delete both keys, close regedit, clear your event viewer logs and reboot. The error will be gone. Worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back