Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudddawg

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2001
US
The Group Policy client-side extension Security was passed flags (17) and returned a failure status code of (3).

The server is running W2K with SP2. It has two nics both with unique ip addresses.

This is an error that I get every 5 minutes in the viewer, I have tried various fixes.....such as removing WINS from one of the two cards in the server.

Any help would be appreciated.

CAUSE
This issue can occur if the link from the Default Domain Controllers policy to the Domain Controllers organizational unit has been broken.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, add a Group Policy object link for the Default Domain Controller policy to the Domain Controllers organizational unit:
Start the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
Right-click the Domain Controllers organizational unit and click Properties.
Click the Group Policy tab, and then click Add.
Click the All tab, click Default Domain Controllers policy and then click OK.
Quit the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in.
-Microsoft Technet

Kapil

Technical Director
Infovalley Interwebspiders Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

I did create the link SixthSense, but the error continues to happen every 5 minutes. Any other ideas? And should I now go in a remove what I just created or is that okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back