Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event ID 1000, Failure Status Code (11) -> Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayF

Technical User
Dec 21, 2001
NL
Hi,

My application log on Win2k Server also fills up every 5 minutes with the following :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 10-12-2001
Time: 22:27:52
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: CRATOS

Description: The Group Policy client-side extension Security was passed flags (17) and returned a failure status code of (11).

The DIFFERENCE with "the other 5 minutes problems" is that I have a Failure Status Code of 11.

I figured that it has something to do with the Domain Controller Security Policy since it cannot open the template file. For testing I've set access to everyone. Also removed the .log & .chk files (perhaps the file was corrupt too) and let windows recreate them which it did but the error remains.

Does anyone know what the code-11 means ? And how to fix this, off course.

Thanks,

Ray

Event ID 1000 and 1001 Repeat Every 5 Minutes in the Event Log (Q271213)

this article will surely help u out

its exactly what ur problem is

hope it helps Kapil Aggarwal

Technical Director
Infovalley Interweb Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

ooops i missed the application log part

Event ID 1000,1001 Is Logged Every 5 Minutes in the Application Event Log (Q290647)

this is the exact problem u r facing Kapil Aggarwal

Technical Director
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

The Q-docs you're talking about refer to a Failure Status Code of (3), not (11).
I did check every step in these Q-docs though and it's exactly setup as it says there until step 6, expanding the folder Local Polices in Domain Controller Security Policy (Q290647). I get the same message I described "windows cannot open the template file".

Also, it don't think it can be a domain controller replication problem since I only have 1 DC setup in this test-net.

Ray

well a staus code of 11 means

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

well i couldnt make out that how does it apply to GPO's
but it surely means that

and a status code of 3 means
The system cannot find the path specified. Kapil Aggarwal

Technical Director
visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back