Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event Handlers in scripting: MOH route on transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzietech

Technical User
Jun 1, 2005
AU
Hi All,
I have a customer who has a CDN, Application and skillset to answer calls from another companies reception number.
Now the call works fine and goes through to the agents OK. However when they transfer the call to another extension the callers get the Music on hold thats specified in the CDB.

I know there is event handlers you can use in scripting that can do the following

EVENT HANDLER
EVENT CALL ON HOLD:
ASSIGN 99 TO music_route_cv
GIVE MUSIC music_route_cv
END HANDLER

Is there one handler that you can use to to the same if the call is being transferred?
I have asked everyone i know and most people havent done much with handlers and there isnt an available list anywhere that i know of.

A transfer generates a new Call ID, because the call is no longer associated with the Call ID that was assigned music route 99, then the caller will receive the music route associated with the station/ACD/route they are being delivered to. This call is no longer associated with Symposium/CCMS/AACC either, so you can not set the music route via an event handler. The only way to do this would be to transfer the caller via Symposium/CCMS/AACC. For example, you could write an application that the agents call, enter the number they want to transfer the customer to, then use that to do a route call with an event handler. Not pretty, but it would probably work.

If it's stupid and it works, then it ain't stupid.

What release are you on PBX wise? I know on 7.5 you can specify the music route to use at a SET level so when the agent would initiate the call it would play the music associated with the set, not the music of the route. Not sure if this would work for you depending what else these agents answer...Otherwise, if your telco still supports SID which seem to not be very popular anymore, you could take the calls for this customer, place them in a seperate route and on this route specify the appropriate music.

Thanks Hatched, but that wont work as the agents answer the calls for both companies.

I didnt think it was possible. I guess they'll just have to put up with it that on hold they get the right MOH but if they transfer it will have to be the other MOH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back