Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event handlers for error scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagc

Programmer
Jan 21, 2009
GB
Good morning,

I am having problems with my site, and I need to see what the problem is, but the host has set friendly errors.

They said that I needed to use event handlers on the error page so the 500 Internal Server Error I'm getting can be worked out.

Can anybody help me with this.

Have you changed your error settings in IE to show un-friendly HTTP errors?

Also, if you post your code, it would be easier for us to determine the cause and effect.

--------

GOOGLE is a great resource to find answers to questions like "how do i..."

--------

Yes I have done that, the host have their own error pages in an error_docs folder, and will not allow me to put anything in or take anything away.

Thats the trouble in honesty, I dont know what on the page is causing the problem, its a lot of code.

I had some feedback, and they told me an include was missing. I have about 4 visible includes on that page, and they are all available on the server.

Cheers

Its alright guys, i got to the bottom of it now.

I hate these friendly errors.

Cheers anyhow

do you mind sharing what the issue was? Others get this 500 internal server error sometimes (including myself) and I'd like to add something to the checklist to help in the future...

Glad you got it working.

--------

GOOGLE is a great resource to find answers to questions like "how do i..."

--------

I was simply a file missing from the server, an include.

An error that could have been picked up so quickly without friendly error messages.

Thanks again for all your help, but in the end it wa ssimple a missing include hidden away in a missing file on the server.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back