Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

event error -PERFNET UNABLE TO OPEN SERVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjgraz

Technical User
Aug 22, 2004
US
WHAT IS PERFNET? AND is the error of unable to open server something I should be looking at.
the error user action says to determine whether the server service is running. What is that???

What software are you using when you get the error? Also what task are you attempting to complete?

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

PERFNET is part of the performance monitoring counters. Have you got performance monitoring running on your box? OR some form of download accelerator? You may have installed something which needs to look at your network performance and it's having issues contacting the Server service.

The server service is what allows other computers to connect to yours.

No I have not done file print sharing. This message is in the Event Viewer.
I dont know what program is starting to get this error.
Anyway to find out??

The server service allows you to share your resources with others. Perfnet collects data on the server service, and cannot if the service is stopped or not enabled with using File and Printer Sharing.

If you do not mind the error, ignore it. If you mind it, either Start, Run Perfmon.msc and remove any network activity counters; or download Exctrlst.exe:

thanks, I dont know what started this. I did a DLL of ms clip art but I dont DLL too much stuff. I also am getting an WmiAdapter error and this:The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007041F from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

I assume its all part of this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back