Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event-Driven Process - Reducing Events For the End User

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn9999

Programmer
Jun 19, 2004
US
One thing I'm working on is making a process in Windows into a component. The problem I'm thinking on is this:

The process itself requires a number of call-back procedures. Making it into a component is great for this exact reason, since many of them are pretty boiler-plate anyway, and would eliminate the user having to specify them.

The problem in this is that the process has a "do you really want to do this?" call-back procedure that fires at every step of the process (and then some). This also happens to be a required process. Now, I'm trying to think of ideas on how to eliminate passing this through since it would be an event the user would HAVE to define correctly for the whole thing to work, and it would be very frequent besides.

My first thought is that since I'm enumerating the process already, I can set up a Selected array like what is in TListBox and then relay that information through and handle the process event. Problem is, though, would this make it problematic in other ways?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

It is not possible for anyone to acknowledge truth when their salary depends on them not doing it.

I got a solution to this one and it seems to be working well. Thanks to those who read this.

It is not possible for anyone to acknowledge truth when their salary depends on them not doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back