Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event based Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinetic123

Programmer
Nov 23, 2001
US
Hi,

I need to start a cube building process, once the database tables have been loaded. The scheduling needs to be event based. Does Cognos scheduler Support this? Also, the database tables reside on UNIX while the transformation server is on NT. Are there any other standard schedulers in the market that address this or can a combination of macros and shell scripts be written to achieve the same.

a) Can't help regarding Unix
b) I've never had to do what you ask in scheduling (yet). Could you not have the macro as a recurring task and preface the macro with a SQL call which extracts appropriate data? You could examine that data and determine whether or not to do the build? If you control the database load you might be able to create a 'flag' table at the end of the load which provides the info.
Please let me know if this idea works as I'm sure that I'll want to do it one day!

Simon Rouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back