Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Event 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarys

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2002
US
Help Please!!
Does anybody know what is causing these two application logs in event viewer? The logs are Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 4/20/2002
Time: 3:42:23 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: LYSA
Description:
The Group Policy client-side extension Security was passed flags (17) and returned a failure status code of (5).

and

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SceCli
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1202
Date: 4/20/2002
Time: 3:42:23 AM
User: N/A
Computer: LYSA
Description:
Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x5 : Access is denied.
Please look for more details in TroubleShooting section in Security Help.
They appear to be related in some way. At this point I am clueless on how to resolve these issues. I am currently running a two system network, W2K server on the server side and WXP Pro on the client side. My W2K server is a domain controller, with Active Directory running. The event log is from my server (W2K). These two events fills up my application log file. Any/all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

HI.

Some ideas:

Are you using roaming profile?
What is listed in the "Account" tab of the user in Active Directory, in the "Profile" field?

Did you remove and recreate the active directory domain?

Check also local permissions of the user on the XP machine.

Try to create another user, and a new fresh user profile.

Bye
Yizhar Hurwitz

Issue resolved via MS knowledge base. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Please help!!

The issue has reared its ugly head again. I use any roaming whatsoever. I have tried several MS KB articles, none seem to work. This issue is driving nuts. If anybody has experienced this issue before and found a resolution, please share it with me. Any/all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back