Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eVB project wont recognize .cdb (pocket acces) file

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzzwald

MIS
Feb 17, 2003
CA
I have two devices: An HP Jornada 720 and a GeoCE (new GPS device)

The operating system for each is WinCE 3.0 Handheld PC 2000 with strongARM processor

I have an custom App developed for forestry that runs on the HP Jornada 720. As you know the HP 720 has pocket access so my App reads and writes to the db using unbound forms and code just fine on it.

My problem is I need to port the App to the other device that has the same OS as the HP Jornada except it does not have Pocket Access on it.

Should my App not read and write to the database when ported to the new device anyway? I tried it today and kept getting:

An Error was encountered while running the program. Active-X component can't create object

Here is what is in the eVB:
Dim rs As ADOCERecordset
Set rs = CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset")

So what is going on here? I have a copy of Visual CE and I can access the database on the new device with it so I am confused. I am rather much a newbie with such things.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

muzzwald

I'm not a Jornada guy, but maybe this is the clue.

The application is trying to create an ADOCE object (CreateObject("ADOCE.Recordset")) which is how the program communicates with a database/data table. ADOCE is usually intalled when the application is installed, it's one of the DLL's that have to be on your device for database access.

Can you intall/re-install the application? Usually that will install everything you need.

If not, you'll have to find ADOCE.DLL for the processor on your device somewhere, put it into the \Windows directory on the device and try to register on the device from the command line. It's best to just reinstall the app.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back