Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

evaluation time with subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehlerak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2003
US
I have two subreports, each pulling a max date from a data set. They are on the detail level of the main report and I have a formula on the detail which I need to show the max date of the two max dates. I am able to get the information from the subreports via shared datetimevar, but the problem is that the formula doesn't evaluate the data after the two subreports finish, but before it. So on the line I should get a max value, I'm getting a blank and on the next detail I'm getting the value for this detail and so forth.

CR 9

Thanks,
Ariel

Insert a detail_b section below the section in which the subreports are located, and place the main report shared variable formula in which you are calculating the maximum there.

-LB

thanks... I should have stated that I already tried that and I would like it on the same line, if possible.

You can underlay the following section to make appear on the same line.

-LW

The positioning is not really optional, but you can go to the section expert as kskid suggests and select detail_a->underlay following sections.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back