Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Evaluating radio button response in calculation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2005
US
I am creating a Stress Scale Questionnaire that asks a series of questions, (death of spouse, fired from job, etc.) that have a Yes/No radio button for the field. If the answer to the question is yes, I need to assign a value (for example the death of a spouse is 100 points, fired from job is 47 points, etc.

It should fall within an If/Then case, but I am not sure how to evaluate the Yes/No answers.

Fields

SC_deathofspouse (the field that contains the radio buttons)

SCdeathofspousepts (the calculation field that I want a value of 100 assigned if the radio button in SC_deathofspouse is "Yes"

Thanks!

I was thinking in an other direction.

In one of my Quest I also have the Yes/No radiobutton with a value for each item.

I have a script for each 'questions' that sets the total field to its content + the value from the given answer.

Over each radiobutton is a button, linked to the script.

Something along these lines:

ValueRadioButton = Yes; set field TotalPoint;TotalPoint + Value for item.

Even if a No answer has to lower the final outcome the script will do it ; set field TotalPoint;TotalPoint - Value for item.

And if you look into the scriptparameter in the 7/8 version, you even don't need several scripts to do the job...

Make sence ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back