Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Euro symbol in HTML Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranta

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
Hi,

I have a dynamicaly generated HTML email which is being sent to our clients, part of the email displays current revenue generated by the client in their local currency. The currency symbols are populated from an SQL table.

This works fine for all currency's including the Euro symbol when I display the email template on the website but when the physical email is sent out the Euro symbol is replaced with a '?'...

Any ideas??????

Thanks,

Make sure you insert at least some of these in your email header section ...

Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Others more knowledgable than I will know which are the important bits.

Cheers, Mike.

Thanks for that, am still at a loss though...

Do these need to be set as META tags or simply input exactly as you have entered betweeen the <head> and </head> tags??

Have tried seting up as META tags and seems to make absolutely no difference..

Cheers,

As far as I know it's nothing to do with the innards of the HTML. That's just the Body of the email. You should use the same method you use for setting the email's From & To addresses and Subject. Sorry if this is a bit vague, but it all depends on how you generate your emails.

Cheers, Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back