Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Etrust V7 Licensing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbg34

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2000
US
I am getting licensing errors on w2k workstations that I have remotely installed v7 on. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Hi
1-Have you licensed the Antivirus Admin server?
2-Is license error appear only on remote machine

regards,
mohamdr

Mohamdr,
1. Yes I have licensed the Adminserver.
2. Yes this is only on win2k workstations that were remotely installed(they are located in the same building so not remote in that sense) win98 workstations are fine.
Thanks for your reply.

This is the error in the event logs from a client.

'Computer Associates Licensing -3EA1 - License Failure. Please run the appropriate license program to properly license your product. LRF=3EA1, clientmacadd, DESKTOP, clientname, 1'

Hi

The code 3EA1 is for eTrust Antivirus v7 So I think you need to license it from Help-->About menu,In the prevoius version 6.0 need to license only the admin server maybe CA chnage the license procedure.

regards,
mohamdr

You haven't put admin server on every machine have you? Remote install in V7.0 installs the admin server by default, you have to deselect it in the inoc.icf to make it install the client only.

Rooterc,
Yes the admin client was installed I noticed this and have been looking for ways to correct it without reinstalling each client. But so far itr seems that reinstall is the only option.

I'm not sure, maybe a reinstall over the top through remote install will work, as long as you deselect the admin server option in the icf file, and I think there is another option to preserve old settings? Maybe deslecting that would help too.

Computer Associates Licensing -3EA1 - Can't open license file. Please run the appropriate license program to properly license your product. LRF=3EA1

Fault : Remote install for V.7 uses the inoc6.icf found in DATA dir. You have to configure the default inoc6.icf file to NOT install Admin server

To change this, modify the inoc6.icf file under Settings:

[InstallComponent]
AdminService=0
RemoteManagement=0

Also Unlicenced trial discription in Help - Licences is OK for client installs.

Once you config this file to deploy, remote clients will read as CLIENT in licence help about

I did the same thing... didnt check the ICF file well enough and installed the admin client to the user PCs.

Reinstalling without it corrected the need licensing at the workstations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back